Welcome to 00-2 Folks,

Hope your holidays were everything they were supposed to be.  Last night -
near abouts 2 AM - I woke up with a VERY strange question running through
the unexplored region twixt my ears.  I have no idea why this particular
question woke me up, but this is the LAST time I will pig out on
jalapeno-chilli-cheese burritos while watching Babylon 5 in the wee hours!
Here's the question:  Where did the practice of assigning the letters A, B,
C, D, and F as grades come from?  Why don't we use the E?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Ed.
"It's not the bullet with my name on it that worries me.  It's the one
addressed "To Whom it May Concern." Anonymous