>Students blame parents, parents blame welfare, college profs blame high
>school teachers, etc.  Until a student accepts the responsibility and
>the consequences, he/she can not and will not move ahead on the ladder
>of life.

Good.  I like this model . . . as long as we can plug in "an educator"
where "a student goes," and "continually do the best that he/she can do"
for "move ahead on the ladder of life." . . . it feels fairer and more
realistic to me that way.

Reminds me of when all these friends of mine were taking EST and telling
everyone else, "Hey, buddy, YOU create it all!" when what really worked
was, "_I_ create it all."