At 02:36 PM 01/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Two of the current threads reminded me of the Becoming a Master Student
>video #5 "You create it all" by David Ellis.  Does anyone have a similar
>view?

This also corresponds to the Covey perspective, which I combine with Ellis'
philosophy in my Master Student class.  His basic principle is that between
every stimulus and our reaction to a stimulus, we have the choice to choose
our response.  Covey tells the story of Victor Frankl, a Holocaust
survivor, who chose to survive the concentration camp emotionally by
choosing his response to the conditions around him.

My students and I concentrated on choosing our responses for one week.  At
first it made us resentful, then it was scary, then it was empowering.

Kristy Johnson

"But it isn't easy," said Pooh.  "Because Poetry and Hums aren't things
which you get, they're things which get you.  And all you can do is to go
where they can find you."
        The House at Pooh Corner