On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Maria McKinney wrote:

> I, too, would appreciate hearing how others deal with students who
> receive warning or go on academic probation.  Please respond on the list
> because I'm sure others would also be interested.

My philosophy is that by the time students get warnings or get placed on
academic probation, it's probably a lot like closing the ol' barn door
after the horse has wandered off!  Why wait that long???  I think
ALL students should be required to learn the basic Student Success
tools so that they don't get in trouble in the first place!  And such
courses should "for credit" and be counted toward degree requirements!!!

Peggy Keller
English Instructional Technician
Assistance Centers for Education
Albuquerque Technical Vocational Institute
525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM  87106