Personal Development (PD 100) at Santa Barbara City College is a
graded, transferable course. For more information, contact Keith
McLellan who heads the Counseling Department on our campus.

>>> Shirey VanHook <[log in to unmask]> - 1/28/98 12:14 PM

We have formed a committee to look at cut off scores on the ASSET and
Compass for reading.  It has been proposed that we make reading
mandatory
for certain students.  English and math (2 levels of each) are
already
mandatory.  If any of you would share these scores with me I would
apreciate it.
also--
Does anyone know of a school that offers a College Reading & Study
Skills
course that counts as an elective toward a degree and is
transferrable?
I have heard of offering institutional credit and the course not
transferring but someone claims this type of course be an elective
that
students could count torward their graduation requirements and
transfer to
other schools. Please let me know if you offer this course for
credit, how
many hours and do you count it as an elective.  I know this has been
on
the list from time to time but THEY want recent info.

THANKS

Shirey Van Hook
Academic Achievement Center
Ozarks Technical Community College