Hi, Everyone!

Yes, I am still alive and well, though inundated with work and students (much a
s I love them!)  I just want to apologize to all of you to whom I owe responses
 , and have for about 10 days.  I FINALLY RECEIVED A NEW COMPUTER FOR MY OFFICE
!  And, no, it does not beep at the end of each line like my old one did, so
pardon me while I adjust!  Anyway, I know that many of you are aware that my ol
d machine used to crash all the time, often mid-message.  I am now optimistic.
 However, when I came in last night this new !@#$%^&*! crashed, and as far as I
 know the system did not crash, so I may still have a problem (i.e., the connec
tion rather than the computer.)  Given that the wall where this thing is plugge
d in looks like it is going to collapse any minute from some kind of leak, that
may not be too surprising.  Right now I am thinking that I should remove my Oly
mpic mementos from the adjacent wall ASAP.

SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME IF I OWE YOU A RESPONSE!  I am as low tech as they come!
  And now I will send this before I lose the entire message!  Sorry for wasting
 the time of list subscribers, but this was my fastest way to reach everyone!

Jeanne Higbee