We do have such a service at our college.  These classes are taught by a
hearing reading teacher who is also an interpreter, thus creating the best
transition for the students. I have also taught in the reading lab with our
deaf reading teacher and we both got to use the lab and the materials, but
neither class disturbed each other. <smile>

You might want to contact Jill Ward, our director of Developmental Ed. She is
the author of a text on American Sign Language and she teaches ASL classes.
Her address is

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr NE