     I just wanted to apologize to anyone who was offended by the reference
     to marketing in my comments.  I chose marketing in my example because
     many marketing students take positions in sales.  I chose to use a
     salesman (or person) because I know of a few who have accumulated
     great wealth by manipulating and exploiting people.  I only spoke from
     experience.  And yes, those corrupt people whom I know majored in
     marketing and skimmed through college to get their degrees.

     I do not believe that marketing is an easy field of study.  It is both
     complex and interesting, in my opinion. I am not biased against
     business.  Most of my friends and family are "businesspeople", and I
     love them.  I do feel that people can find more opportunities to
     corrupt, manipulate, and exploit other people in business.  Any
     environment in which vast amounts of money change hands produces such
     evils, in my opinion.

     Lastly, if a GPA doesn't measure a student's academic performance, or
     the average of how well a student does throughout his or her college
     career, what does it measure?  Does it measure how poorly his or her
     professors are performing?  Does it measure how well parents are
     raising their children?  Does it measure society?  I suppose a GPA
     could measure all of these things.  But,if I put all of my efforts
     into a class, learned everything the professor tried to teach me,
     wrote the correct answers on the tests and homework, completed all of
     my projects correctly and did everything else that was required on the
     syllabus, and earned an "A", then yes, my grade reflected my academic
     performance.  If I did that in every class for four years and I had
     earned a 4.0, then yes, my GPA would measure my academic performance.

     So, Mr. Steiger, what do you think?  What does all of this mean to
     you?