Gary Probst wrote:

A problem I have with grades is there is no standard of what an A or C
represents.  We all know their a faculty members or give all As and Bs
while there are other faculty member or never give an A.  Today, I was
talking to a faculty member who told me out of five sections, he gave
only one A.  I would like to see the students who are taking the same
course take the same test.  In industry this is called quality control.
Industry is developing standards for different job by having tests for
certain jobs such as CNA or CNE.  When you go for a job, they want to
know your score on an inductry test not your college grades.