Gary Probst wrote:

What you are taking about is the reason for the military waste of assets
(lives) or failure.  Up until the Koran war they would line up hundreds
of men and charge up a hill to attack dug in troops that had machine
guns, etc.  Because this was done so frequently, they could predict the
number of dead and wounded to prepare to receive. Technology was ahead
of tactics.  It was not until Israel was outnumber 200 to 1 that tactics
was developed by Israel around technology.  Israel demonstrated the
importance and effectiveness of changing tactics when technology
changed.  The tactics in Desert Storm is an example of using technology
with tactics.  However, when our tanks destroyed friendly tanks, it was
because tactics was ahead of technology.  Therefore, a method (new
technology) was developed to tell which tanks were friendly to prevent
this from happening in the future.

While I teach developmental reading and mathematics, and develop CBT
using ToolBook II, I like to study military tactics.

Technology when used without the proper tactics is very dangerous!
Computer do a great job.  However, educational software does not use the
capabilities of the computer.  Much of it is no different than a
textbook with the answers in the back.

On our television we are shown in advertisements for the Australian
Steak House. We are shown tall Aussie ladies in the outback wearing
shorts throwing knives with long blades at clay pigeons and hitting the
clay pigeon every time.  In this country we have to use a shotgun to
shoot clay pigeons.  Is is technology or tactics that you ladies use to
a hit clay pigeon flying through the air with a knife that has a blade
that is about 12+ inches long?