I am a doctoral student working on research in the area of teaching
reading comprehension of expository text (inferencing and critical
thinking skills) to college freshmen.  I would appreciate it
if you would answer any or all of the following questions:

1.  What methods do you use to teach inferencing and critical thinking
skills to college students?
2.  What are the underlying theories which support your methods?
3.  What measures do you use to determine success in your programs?
4.  Would you refer me to appropriate articles/books, etc?

Thank you,

Nancy Martino
Xavier University of Louisiana
7325 Palmetto Street.