Khaki Wunderlich wrote:

> We have been redesigning our College Success
> Seminar and would like to link our students in a
> discussion group by email with students in a similar
> course at another college.  We will be using
> RocketMail which is free for the students.
>
> If you are interested in exploring this idea with us,
> please contact me off list at [log in to unmask]
>
> Khaki Wunderlich
> Tompkins Cortland Community College
> Dryden, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, Khaki...

I would be most interested in setting up communication/collaboration,
etc. between our students. The two courses that I facilitate are an
academic skills course, Study Skills and a more comprehensive course
(inclusive of 'life skills' such as time management, goal setting,
relationships, health, etc) using Dave Ellis' text, Becoming a Master
Student...
I am also interested in having my students do a bit of web publishing
for two main reasons:
1. As they write for a global audience and receive feedback on their
work, I believe they will realize the impact of their critical thinking,
communication skills, etc more fully...
2. I believe that infusing the curriculum with opportunities for using
technology will do a lot for making the technology transparent...The
more you utilize something, the less complex it appears to be.
Would yo be interested in visiting more about the possibilites? We begin
classes on the 20th.

Virtually,
Sonja Milbourn
--