Are you familiar with the text, Mathematics - A Human Endeavor, A Book for
Those Who Think They Don't Like the Subject by Harold R. Jacobs? (W. H.
Freeman and Company) I would highly recommend it to anyone teaching or
tutoring math, as a fantastic resource.

    ... Gail

     Gail A. Rowe, Coordinator, LAC
     Southern Maine Technical College
     2 Fort Road, So. Portland, ME 04106
     Voice  (207) 767-9536    Fax (207) 7676-9522
     http://smtc.net          [log in to unmask]