The numbers I reported were straight from UMKC.  My main concern is that
their numbers seem to indicate that their system will not make much
difference in our programs.  We do not currently have SI, and I will not
endorse it to my superiors if I feel that the cost will be more than the
returns.  This program would be very expensive for us to run, anywhere
from 20K to 50K a year to start.  It would also take me away from what I
do best, tutoring.  Our students have a higher than average workload,
19-21 credits in a 12 week semester.  Time management is critical, and I
fear these workshops may have some negative effects.  I absolutely
believe that the model works at many other colleges, but I want more
data specifically on 4 year private schools that use a quarter system.

Craig Andres
Kettering University