To Neal Steiger or anyone who wants to comment:

What does the following quote from your recent email mean to you?:

"Only 3 of 46 studies reviewed in 1971 showed a significant relationship between GPA and performance; half the studies showed no correlation whatsoever."

What kind of "performance" would have been considered and compared to GPA?

Would all the studies have used similiar or consistent performance measures?

I am not an advocate of how grading is often used, but this line seems to suggest something quite strong, so I would like to understand more of its basis.

Thanks,

Roger Razzari Elrod
The Learning Center
Santa Clara University