As the" baby boom echo" generation fills our college classes, I predict
that we'll
hear more about "right to fail" from our administrators. Last year the
president
of the local open-admission community college where I live (Montgomery
County, MD) said we may have to accept any student BU we are not required
provide them with remedial courses.

So there may be a large market for prospective students who know that they
don't know and don't want to fail in college and are willing to pay for
commercial pre-college developmental classes - on line, in classes ,
whatever-
as long as they do what they stay they'll do and aren't exorbitantly
expensive.

Martha Maxwell