I have acquired some fantastic posters at the International Reading Association conferences - many are signed by the artists.  Although they are posters for children's books, the ones I have in the Learning Resource Center usually depict an illustration that would appeal to adults.  You can find good multicultural posters at conferences.  Another good place is your state library association conference.  If you don't go to these conferences, I'm sure that the person teaching developmental reading or the professor who teaches reading in the education department would be willing to share.  Our university is also a text adoption site so when they were cleaning out the social studies section in preparation for the new material, I brought "home" a world map, a US map,  three inflatable globes, and two globes (one in Spanish).

Once a year I go to department meetings around the university to remind them that we are here and want to help them and the students.  I also ask for whatever I need then.  This year I am asking for desk copies of older editions of textbooks, and they have been very generous.  I think if you asked some of the faculty in the various disciplines for help, they would be glad to assist you.  The faculty, at least at our school, are one of my best resources.

Good luck,
Nancy
Nancy Picthall-French
Western New Mexico University