Dave, I would be very interested in:
Exposure to as many programs like Inspiration as possible in the sense that
I am interested in open-ended generic programs that students can use as
tools rather than skill and drill  type stuff.

Perhaps a combination of thinking, brainstorming about how to use the
computer  to help students learn to analy ze text and some development work
of our on text analysis, using either particular software or coming up with
new approaches that can be computerized or not.  How about having a
software developer present if we get really creative?

I don't do boot camps but I love think tanks!

I've some more ideas but right now I have class.  Will write more later.
Your idea to do this is wonderful!  Don't do it at the same time Hunter
Boylan has the summer institute.
On another note, the folks here at ACC are in love with the big bucks
progams, y ou know, Plato, etc.  At CASP I attended a session in which you
shared some info on the amount of progress students make as a result of
using these programs.  Could I please get a copy of this info to share with
my administration?  I quoted you in a meeting on Friday and they have asked
for more information.  I would appreciate anything you can share.