Elizabeth
  We have recently been able to offer our tutors Community Service
credit for training.  Students are required to take 2 semesters of
Community Service or Physical Ed.  We train them the first semester and
pay them ( alas, only minimum wage) for tutoring  the second semester,
thus fulfilling their Community Service req.  ( and getting them out of
Phys. Ed, which has real appeal for some of them).      Jane

Jane Keller
Academic Resource Center
Lycoming College
Williamsport, PA
717 321-4392

>>> Elizabeth Blesi Dewey <[log in to unmask]> 10/30/98 02:57pm >>>
We offer our student tutors paid training, Level 1 and 2 CRLA
certification, a chance to apply for our Tutor of the Year Award, and
end-of-the-semester parties/receptions.

What we have NOT been able to offer: raises or other financial
incentives, or a for-credit training class.

I've been doing some research on MI comm. colleges and have found
several
that offer either starting pay higher than minimum wage and/or raises.

WHat does everyone else out in Listland offer or not offer?

Elizabeth Dewey  517-686-9275
Teaching/Learning Center   Delta College
University Center, MI  48710