On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Richard Damashek wrote:
> I need to purchase or borrow good quality tutor training video tapes? Can
> anyone help me with sources?

Gee, I hate to give away too much of an upcoming presentation at
CRLA...... but I should tell you that in a survey of nearly 400 tutors at
28 schools, including 4 Canadian provinces, tutors rated videotapes very
low as a training method.  The student research assistant who helped me
with the survey will be presenting with me on "What Tutors Want From
Training" at CRLA; perhaps you'd like a copy of our results if you can't
attend our session?
                        Jan

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Support                 Phone: (816) 271-4536
Missouri Western State College              Email: [log in to unmask]
4525 Downs Drive                            Fax: (816) 271-4574
St. Joseph, MO  64507                       Website: www.mwsc.edu/~cas