I was just wondering if there is any research out there that says that,
under so and so conditions, tutoring works. I am designing a bit of
research the end of this quarter that hopes to answer the question,
"Does tutoring work?" I am tutor coordinator for UAB Athletic
Department, and much of our budget goes to fund tutoring. I am not
convinced that intentisive tutoring is better than study hall. That is
what I would like to know. I will be comparing the grades of "Yes
tutoring" bunch vs "No tutoring" bunch. Also taking into account other
variables such as number of hours tutored, class level, mandatory
tutoring vs non-mandatory tutoring, etc. etc.  I hope that my research
indicates that tutoring helps, because we are spending thousands and
thousands of dollars for little gain.

Anyone know of any research?

Stacy Kinnell
Athletic Academic Advisor/Tutor Coordinator
UAB Blazers