If you are white, think twice. there is a lot of discrimination against whites on Barrow. Get
on an education list serve and ask some of your colleges first who have lived there.

If you have to have a drink once in awhile -- forget it Barrow is dry as a Whale bone.
Before you ask, yes I have lived in Alaska. So if you want to ask any question, go ahead.
Jack