I would love to have advice from my colleagues on developing the ideal
developmental studies program. I have the enviable job of creating a
"developmental studies program" using the best ideas I can find. My own
approach is to "embed" skills training into existing courses. I'm looking for
substantiation that such an approach works and specific examples of where it
is working. I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

One of my interests is to chuck the whole identification of "developmental
studies" and design a college-wide learning assistance program available to
all students. Thanks to David Arendale, I am aware of the work being done at
Georgia State U. Do you know of other places?

Richard Damashek
Director of Developmental Studies
Calumet College of St. Joseph
Whiting, IN