We provide two free hours of individualized tutoring per week to any
given undergraduate student.  If they want more than two hours per week
they must pay the tutor themselves at the same rate we pay them,
currently, $6.00/hr.  We intend to raise that to $7./hr. in another year
or two.  We pay our walk-in Math tutors $1 more per/hr. than the
individual tutors as they earn it, never knowing how many they are going
to have to service in a given one or two hour working session. We have
found this to control the amount of tutoring that a few students might
choose to use if it was unlimited free tutoring.  However, the tutoring
available to our student athletes is unlimited but the person in charge
of that has controlled the budget by having two tutors available at
study tables to help anyone with either the math/science or social
science/writing courses.
Carolyn @ Bradley University