From:  Paula Ford[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:  Friday, November 13, 1998 9:39 AM
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Wall Street Journal article

Hi Everyone,

I'm to this list, and I must say that it seems like a great resource.
Thanks very much!

In case you didn't see it, there was a front-page article in the _Wall
Street Journal_ on Nov. 9 entitled, "Who Will Teach Johnny to Read?" It's a
pretty good summary of the issue of remedial classes in college.

Paula

Paula Ford                                 voice: (814) 949-5112
Coordinator, Learning Resources Center
Penn State--Altoona College
3000 Ivyside Park
Altoona, PA 16601

http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/p/x/pxf3/

"Den som har drømt Udfærd og Dåd senker ej Sejl uden med Sorg." Bjørnson