Happy Holidays to all!

I was wondering if any of you also work with the Susan G. Komen Foundation -
"Race For The Cure" (RFC)?

If so, I am wondering if anyone has any information on using proceeds to pay
for treatment.

Background:  The Federally funded (CDC) Breast and Cervical Cancer Control
Project pays for mammograms and some diagnostic follow ups for women 50 and
over who are under/uninsured.   Funds for treatment, however, are not
available through the program.  This has posed a lot of dilemmas/questions
for the states as to how to pay / support the treatment of those women who
are diagnosed through this program.

In Hawaii, we have been looking at using RFC funds to seed a fund that would
be administered/managed by an independant community foundation for the
treatment support of under/uninsured women diagnosed with breast cancer
through the federal program.

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on this?  If this topic is not of
interest to the group, I may be contacted at my personal email as well,
[log in to unmask]  Thanks.