Thanks to all of you who responded to Don's "grammatical problem"
entry.  I have been so frustrated by many many people (even those with
Ph.D.'s) who use the nominative case after a preposition.  Even those
on TV, actors, etc. do it.  I don't believe we should accept that!!
Example:
Sharon gave it to Bill and I (UGH UGH). Clarence received the joint
gift from Jim and I (UGH UGH).  It goes on over and over.  Let's
correct these folks gently every time they do it, please.  Elaini

Elaini L. Bingham
Director Kellogg Institute
National Center for Developmental Education
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
(828)262-6102 Phone
(828)262-2128 Fax