Here's an idea I've used with several students who have asked for help in
shifting from their family dialect to an academic or professional dialect:
Shortly before going off to class or work, or before sitting down to write,
read one or two paragraphs ALOUD from a book written in a style you would
like to imitate.

Students for whom dialect is an issue seem to want to be able to shift back
and forth between dialects.  Several students have told me this method helps
them make that shift.

Cecelia Downs