From: MARTHA MAXWELL [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 4:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning skills self-testing website

The answer to you questions regardless of what they may be is "It depends"
-  on the subject as reading and study skills are discipline specific and
vary with characteristics of the learner including such things as prior
knowledge, amount of time spent, expectations, learning style, and many
other independent variables. .
Sure you can get some numbers, if that's all you want from studies like the
old Ebbinghaus studies but remember they were on learning nonsense
syllables.  (and I suspect that's what some students consider their college
learning assignments. )

Martha Maxwell