Laura,

I was asking, "Where would you like to go?" though asking about a cup of tea
would indeed be more likely. I will, by the way, be off-list for most of the
rest of December & January while I'm keeping warm (more sweet tea than you
can imagine) in Pune, not far from Bombay, where my wife and I have some
dear friends.

Christmas, New Year, Hannukah, and Kwanzaa wishes to all. My Christmas gift,
a recipe for genuine Indian Chai (tea):

For each cup of tea:

1 heaping teaspoon tea (the cheaper the better)
pinch powdered ginger
pinch powdered clove
pinch cinnamon
pinch black pepper
2 whole cardomon pods, broken open (all spices optional)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup whole milk (Water-Buffalo milk has about 7% milkfat.)

Bring the whole concoction to a boil. (Watch it carefully! It can make a
heck of a mess.) It should be about as dark as a strong cappucino. Strain
into cups. (If you have an Indian grocery nearby, the best tea is Red Label
brand.) Enjoy!

Steve Runge
Academic Skills Coordinator
St. Lawrence U.