We are gathering some information about using calculators on math placement
tests.  Please respond to the following questions.  Please feel free to
e-mail me if you prefer that to answering on-line.

1.  Do you give a math placement test? Yes.

2.  Who is required to take the test? Anyone who does not have math credit
equivalent to Intermediate Algebra.

3.  How many questions are on the test and what levels does it cover?  There are
39 questions: 14 for Basic Math, 15 for Introductory Algebra and 10 for
Intermediate Algebra.

4.  MOST IMPORTANT - Do you allow the use of calculators?  If yes, what type?
Do students being their own or do you provide the calculators? Yes, we allow the
four function type only.  Students are encouraged to bring their own (we check to
make sure they are the correct type), but we also have loaners available for
those students who need them.  We take their ID or Drivers' License as security.

Hope this helps.