Developmental education has once again been honored.  Four
years ago the Governor of South Carolina established an
annual award for the most outstanding faculty member at a
two-year college in the state.  The first recipient was a
developmental educator.

And so is this year's recipient!  We all need to feel proud
of Peggy McClure, developmental science instructor at
Midlands Technical College.  She's been a long-time leader
in SCADE and a bright force for good in developmental
education within South Carolina and far beyond it.  It's a
well-earned honor for her, and also reflects well on the
value and quality of our profession, and on our intense
commitment to our students.

Congratulations, Peggy!  (and if any of you want to add your
personal congratulations, try [log in to unmask]).

Curtis Miles
Piedmont Technical College