Dear LRNASSTers,

My college has just approved the creation of a Writing Center along with
the FT position of Director or Coordinator; $405,000 dollars has been
pledged to the creation.

I'm wondering if any of you who have access to a formalized job
description for Writing Center Director (or Coordinator) would be kind
enough to back channel it to me (either electronically or postally).

Chaffey is a two-year, public institution with about 15,000 FTE.
Currently, we have a "Basic Skills Lab" (an unfortunate name in my
estimation) as well as an ESL lab; we envision the Writing Center as a
lab that will serve primarily transfer-level students, but certainly a
lab that would turn no one away.

Thanks in advance for your input, and a happy holiday to all.

Jonathan Ausubel
Assistant Professor of English
Arts and Humanities
Chaffey College