Gene:

We're using the Compass here at UAF.  I'll provide you some info after the
break. One issue we've not completely settled yet is the initiative by some
administrators, including the admi istrator in charge of our advising
center to use the Compass without a writing sample.  Its quicker and costs
less if you do so.  We're still struggling with this and so do not
administer the Compass as a placement test the same way among the campuses
of the UAF system.  Some of us insist on a writing sample.

Ron
                         Ronald D. Illingworth
                          Associate Professor

                Work                                               Home
   University of Alaska Fairbanks          P.O. Box 57402
   Interior-Aleutians Campus                 North Pole, AK  99705
   P.O. Box 756720                              907-488-0446
   Fairbanks, AK  99775
   fax: 907-474-5208
   Phone:  907-474-5987
                       e-mail: [log in to unmask]