Laura - I worked with a student who was successful in reducing some of her
nonstandard constructions and pronunciations.  Her method was to listen to
a book on tape and read aloud while listening to the tape.  She started
with an advanced children's book and moved into simple adult books.  The
self-help books worked the best.  Listening to standard forms of the
language while practicing the pronunciations provided good practice.  It
took a lot of time and effort, but she was successful.
        Best wishes to your student...
                        NJ