You can scan text into the computer (has to be a Mac) and create a cloze test with a program called "New Reader."  It is published by Hyperbole Software, 5 Sunnyside Drive, Athens, OH, 47501-1919.  Phone (740)544-4609.

We are just beginning to try this program, and wish it was available for PC's, which we have more of.  Oh well...

The program costs $200 for a site license.

Linda Russell
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
>>> Patti Dozen <[log in to unmask]> 12/18 6:24 PM >>>
I am looking for a software program that will allow faculty to enter text
from their textbook and create a page in cloze form. This sample would be
printed and given to the student to complete. A readability level should
be provided by the software program. If anyone knows of such a software
program, please list the name of the company and phone number. Thank you
very much.