ESL faculty in the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities are
beginning an initiative to look at curriculum-based approaches to
assessing ESL program outcomes.  If anyone on the listserv is working
on similar issues, or have set up a process for such assessment, I'd
appreciate hearing from you--either by e-mail or phone (below).

One of our major questions is:  how do we determine ESL learners'
readiness for "mainstream" college coursework?

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, or examples of current practice you
might have!

Mary Diedrich
System Director for Assessment
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
700 World Trade Center
30 E. 7th Street
St. Paul, Minnesota 55101
651-296-3905