Thom,

You might want to look at our website at http://www.smtc.net
Click on Student Services/Academic Support/NovaNET to see how we address the
concerns stated below in your letter.

We are currently using NovaNET in three ways:
1) to meet Admissions high school or program prerequisites in basic math,
algebra I and II, English writing, biology, chemistry and physics (includes testing,
open entry/exit)
2) to earn course credit in our first five level math courses: Foundations
of Math, Algebra, Trig, Geometry and Precalcalculus.
3) to supplement coursework in all program areas including Anatomy and
Physiology, Electronics, Botany, etc. See below for the list of curricula areas that
are accessed via NovaNET on our campus.

NovaNET Curricula in General Education
a)  Introduction to NovaNET - Read This First!
b)  General Education: English, Business and Accounting, Psychology Sociology,
Political Science, Economics
c)  Math and Sciences: College Mathematics, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry,
Biology, Physics
d)  Developmental Education: Extended Studies, Basic Skills, Study Skills
e)  General Interest: Job Listings/Career Information, Legal Issues, Wellness,
Typing Instruction, Photography, etc.

OCCUPATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
a)  Health and Medical Programs: Respiratory Therapy, Nursing, Medical Assistant,
Radiation Therapy, Radiology, Dental Technology, Cardiovascular Technology
b)  Science and Technology Occupations: Plant and Soil Technology, Nautical Science,
Applied Marine Biology, Electronics and Electrical Technologies, Computer
Technology, Pollution Abatement, Environmental Technology
c)  Trade and Technology Occupations: Automotive Technology, Building Construction,
Machine Tool Technology, Drafting Technology
e)  Hospitality Management: Culinary Arts, Hotel Management, Dietary Tech
d)  Other Careers: Law Enforcement Technology, Automated Office Management, Early
Childhood Education, Video Technology, Commercial Driving

Some of these areas are stronger than others, but overall, we think it is great and
can't imagine life without it. If you have any other questions, let me know.

You should be able to speak with someone about NovaNET at 1-800-937-6682,
Ext 112, Steve Gardner in Tucson.

Gail A. Rowe, Coordinator
Learning Assistance Programs
Southern Maine Technical College