Lonna,

I don't believe Gary's comments were meant to express a stereotype of learning
disabled students.  I have formerly worked in a community/junior college setting
where students who were correctly identified as special education in the secondary
schools were labeled "learning disabled" for admissions purposes.  In these cases, I
believe the student has been done a disservice because, frankly, we haven't been
able to give them the type of education they were paying for.

Patricia Bright
Washington & Jefferson College