I agree with Dennis and Rosalind.  In the long run, posting salaries would
also save the hiring institution time and money.  If an institution invests
the time and money to contact and possibly even interview a candidate only
to have that person back out because the salary does not meet his/her needs,
that is a waste of resources.  And let's be honest; how many of us have
sweated the question of when to ask about salaries?  It's a sticky
situations all around that could be easily remedied.

Kim Folstein
Support Services Coordinator
Alverno College