-- [ From: Sandra Walsh * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

It is the California Collaborative that handles the treatment of those
not insured by Medical and are less than 200% of the poverty level.
Katherine Quinn is the head of the collaborative.  She is in Fresno.
Andrea Martin and Arlyne Draper from CABCO are both on the board of the
Collaborative.  In California the original $12,000,000 (I think) for
treatment came from the foundation that was created when Blue Cross went
from nonprofit to for profit.  It was a one time funding and the money
is about used up.  A "bridging" funding is being worked on.  This will
be from the foundation and another similar foundation, but will just be
a stop-gap measure.  There is legislation proposed (AB40) that would
provide $3,000,000 for funding to be administered through the Department
of Health Services, but would hopefully go to the Collaborative to
provide the service.  The National Breast Cancer Coalition will be
backing legislation at the Federal level to provide treatment funding in
conjunction with the BCCCP.  This was at the top of their legislative
agenda last year and I am sure it will be again this year.  Now that the
Monica affair is over maybe something will be accomplished in Washington
..
Sandy Walsh
Save Ourselves / Y-ME of Sacramento
http://pages.prodigy.net/sawalsh