Thanks to John and all the others who provided explanations of
systems thinking.  I especially like the statement that it attempts
to manipulate causes rather than effects.  To extend the Biblical
analogy, could one say that instead of putting new wine in old bottles,
it attempts to redesign the bottles?

Would anyone like to share a concrete experience or anecdote on how
they tried to apply systems thinking to a particular project or course?
How did you do it, how did it work out and what did you learn from it?
A concrete example would help me to understand how these ideas work in
practice.

Annette Gourgey