I am at a private university of 5500 undergraduates and 600 graduate
students. The duties include coordinating the peer tutoring program for
undergraduate students, teaching nine sections of study skill classes
each semester that are six weeks in length, contact person for students
with learning disability academic support needs, academic advisor for
students who have not declared a major,  supervise a support program for
students on academic probation and contact office for academic support
services for student athletes. We have one full-time assistant director
and as of next year a half-time professional staff person to coordinate
the tutoring services. We have in the past been granted a 20 hour/week
graduate assistant to coordinate the program for students on academic
probation.  The salary range for the director and assistant director who
have been here 15 years is $28,000.00  to $36,000,00.

I did a informal survey of Learning Center Directors' salaries on this
ListServ last fall. My feedback from 10 private universities with 1,000
to 10,000 students indicated the range was all the way from $22,000 to $
60,000.  That is some range!  Of the 10, I calculated the mean salary at
$36,000 to $ 40,000. I had asked that only people with Master's Degree,
12 month contract, and at a private university respond. Hope this is of
some help.