All,
   I am a somewhat surprised by Dr. Juice's e-mail since as Mary said, the
bill has passed in the Senate and has strong support on the House side.  We
got word during the NBCC Advocacy Conference the Senate had voted to
appropriate the $175M, which was great news.  And as Mary says the program
seems to have pretty strong support on the House side.  I have not heard
anything from NBCC to indicate the program is in trouble since the Conference
and this is/was the NBCC number 1 legislative priority.
    Senator Stevens, by the way, is from Alaska and is the Chair of the
Senate Appropriations Committee.  I think it's fair to say Sen Stevens
understands the passion and energy behind breast cancer advocates....

Karin