Our community college has a somewhat unique requirement in that students are
placed in what is called Guided Studies until they bring their reading,
writing or math scores up to an acceptable level.
While in Guided Studied they are not able to take many other classes on
campus.
 We use the Accuplacer for placement in the appropriate levels of classes.

Scores from 36-59 on the reading portion of the test place students in
Guided Studies.
Scores from 31-64 on the writing portion of the test place the students in
G.S.

These students are probably functioning at the jr high level. We are trying
to stay away from grade equivalencies so it is hard to say exactly what the
scores mean!

Math is not my area and the scores are more complicated!

I hope this helps.

Marcy Porter
Mt Hood Community College
Gresham, OR.