On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Diane Van Blerkom wrote:

> --------------CDBD59240C598A734328A44F
>
> I am working with several college students who need to improve their
> spelling skills.  Has anyone used a computerized spelling program that
> is helpful and at the same time appropriate for college students.
>
> Please respond off list if you prefer to [log in to unmask]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diane

Hi Diane,

Although it may seem somewhat juvenile, my students have responded well to
Spellbound from the Learning Company.  I use the customized list option.
That way they get to work with their problem words in a variety of ways.

I will be very interested to see what other programs others have used.

For the spelling component of my program, I spent some internal curriculum
time developing spelling curriculum around the words most frequently in
print.

Bev

> --------------CDBD59240C598A734328A44F
>
> begin:          vcard
> fn:             Diane  Van Blerkom
> n:              Van Blerkom;Diane
> org:            148 Biddle Hall University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
> email;internet: [log in to unmask]
> title:          Assistant Professor of Education
> note:           148 Biddle Hall
> x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
> x-mozilla-html: FALSE
> version:        2.1