Unfortunately not all tutors have the gift of intrinsic motivation for
service; the tutors at UMN Duluth should all be congratulated. But I wonder
how many of them would take a check, if it were available.

Tutoring and teaching for the honor of it sounds like an old argument often
used to keep these para professionals and professionals underpaid. I am
essentially a teacher and a member of a family of three who rely on me to
provide. I want more money all the time, and I am not leaving teaching for
computers any time soon.

Tutors should be paid the highest hourly wage available on campus.

Raymundo