On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Georgine Materniak wrote:
> The organization is CUPA, College and University Personnel Association
> which publishes mid-level administrative salaries annually in the Chronicle
> of Higher Ed.

One of the problems with CUPA is that our jobs are so very different that
I don't think we fit clearly into the categories -- thus the context I
provided when I volunteered my salary.  We are classfied in odd ways,
supervise very different programs on different campuses, etc.  Here is
another reason I leap onto my we-aren't-we-all-together soapbox, believing
that if we would just join forces, we would be so much better off
professionally. Instead of NADE trying to do something and CRLA and NTA
and MCLCA and so forth, all of us so close really, one organization could
so much more effectively collect some comparative information, create a
reasonable classification system, provide some basis for us as
professionals to remedy salary and workload issues on our campuses.

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Support             Phone: (816) 271-4536
Missouri Western State College          Email: [log in to unmask]
4525 Downs Drive                        Fax: (816) 271-4574
St. Joseph, MO  64507                   Website: www.mwsc.edu/~cas