In one my of lives I was a graduate student in clinical psychology. I
recall the professor discussing a study which demonstrated that most
people do not think logically. I know I have a hard time when it comes to
logic. My excuse is that my dominant function (a la MBTI) is feeling and
my inferior function is thinking. So that it can be viewed as a learning
style difference. So how does one teach me to process logically? I need a
warm and patient teacher who can help me to see the value of logic in
relationship to people, the recurring patterns as the logic is applied,
and provide enough detail so that I can see the whole picture. That is not
an easy task. Fundamentally, I would need to practice the logical process
in my life. Which brings us full circle. Since I avoid this process, I
have difficulty learning it.

Aloha,  Rosie

Rosemarie Woodruff
Counseling and Student Development Center
University of Hawaii-Manoa
2600 Campus Road, SSC 312
Honolulu, HI 96822
808-965-6114

                The world is full of obstacle illusions.
                                                         Grant Frasier