Some of the best information I ever came across in reference to teaching
students to reason effectively (understand the logic of things) came from a
two-day professional development workshop at Sonoma State University in
California.  I stayed for the International Conference on Critical Thinking
that followed that week.  Both were excellent!  The workshop and conference
were directed by Dr. Richard Paul, one of the
foremost researchers in infusing critical thinking into the conten
(elementary through university).  You can access a good deal of info at
www.criticalthinking.org which is sponsored by the following organizations:

Center for Critical Thinking, Foundation for Critical Thinking,
International Center for the the Assessment of Higher Order Thinking,
National Council for Excellence in Critical Thinking, & Sonoma State University
Dee Bost, Ed.D                  E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Dir., ADVANCE/Academic Services Center  Phone:  (501) 279-4024
Harding University, Box 12235           Fax:      (501) 279-4217
Searcy, AR  72149-0001